Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Leather jackets, cancelled class, and a tube ride adventure

I've found myself loving the transport system and all the different people I get to watch get on and off the buses and tubes. My roomates and I just recently figured out how the tubes work and luckily they are easy to navigate. Yesterday, Kate and I didn't have class until 2:00pm and the ATM ate her bank card so we decided to go on an adventure to find the Bank of America in London. We took the tube to a new place we hadn't been. We ended up in the business district filled with modern glass skyscrapers. I LOVED IT! The inside of her bank was incredible. I will definitely be working around there someday! ;) It was called Canary Wharf and was right next to the water. We definitely looked of place because of our leather jackets and jeans but it was so much fun! My only class yesterday was my theatre class and we took a tour of the British Museum. I got to see the Elgin Marbles, Rosetta Stone, Greek goddess Athena & more. It was nice to have my teacher there to tell us all about everything. He told us how the Greeks invented working out and the marathon and how the word 'gymnasium' or 'gym' means 'working out naked.' My teacher is a crazy, head in the clouds, awkward teacher but I like him and he seems excited to teach us (even tho there is only 2 of us).

There is a tube strike going on right now and should last until Friday. We had class cancelled today! YIPPEE! But, and the streets are congested with people so it is really hard to get around and each bus that passed by us was overly full. I went to Camden Market again and found that the other day we didn't even cover half of it. It is massive with about a million awesome things. I wish I could buy everything! Tonight I have my first play for my class. It is a British fring-theatre play called Heartbreak House and we get to meet the actors afterward. Im excited for it!

There definitely hasn't been a day here where my feet didn't hurt. I have been walking around so much but thats a good thing!

3 comments:

  1. how fun KT. LOve your blog. I feel like I'm living through you!

    Thanks for your post. They make my day! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting comments! so thanks for reading and im glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I really enjoy your blog. As Ive experienced some of it I can really see it thru your eyes. What fun days youre having. You are priveledged to have one prof for 2 of you!!!! I love you...........Gramma

    ReplyDelete