Im at work right now sitting at the reception desk...so I thought i'd do a little writing. Right now I can hear the head of the marketing and fashion departments discussing the next models for the upcoming collection at Myla. Its really cool to hear. I have asked a couple of the girls how they started to work here and what they studied in school. Its been pretty interesting and it has made me realize what I want to do (which is exciting!) I have decided that I no longer want to be a buyer--thank god UI didn't have that as a major-- I also am thankful I didn't major in just plain fashion... but Im super excited that my major is marketing because I love sitting in the room with the PR and Marketing head. She tells me how she loves her job and it sounds soooo much fun to me. They get to talk to magazines and they plan runway shows and even get to pick out each little detail down to the models. She also told me basically to get a lot of work experience aka internships and really get inside the company. This has already taught me a lot about how a company works. As of now I am working with the Myla Web team and working on things to upload and photoshop/crop to the website. Its not particularly something I would want to do all day...but its really interesting to know that side of the business as well. So I am pretty much learning A LOT about business and its become really exciting even though the days are uber long. However, one of the great things I get to do all day is just soak up their culture. Everyone around me is British or from a surrounding country and its awesome to hear how they say things and what music they listen to and what they do when they have days off.
The girls in my office say air con instead of AC or air conditioning. They swear and say the f-word all the time. To flip someone off over here you use two fingers the pointer and index faced like we do like a peace sign. My friend, John, from U of I is here for 4 weeks and he said that when he runs over here he pops the peace sign to other runners. Yesterday I told him that he was really flipping them off.... we had a good laugh.
Oh and the other night I found Emily's new husband. He's Italian and I met him at the bar...he was 18. haha it was weird but he was soooooo cute! I told him he was too young for me but I have a 17 year old sister...haha
I still have so much I want to do in London alone and Im running out of weekends! I think Kelsi and I might make one last trip the last weekend we are here but it will be nice to hang out in London to get all the stuff we still want to do done.
I really miss everyone and I am getting excited to go home and go to school. But for now I am having so much fun that it will be really hard to leave!! I will definitely miss it!
Cheers! kt
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i want to meet this future husband of mine :) haha well you sound like you are having a blast and its fun to hear from you! love you!
ReplyDelete